How to Make Sate Ayam Madura / Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce chicken satay, chicken satay with peanut sauce, how to make sate ayam madura, sate ayam madura
- Author : luqman
- Posted : 19 June 19 03:56:30
- Category : Nusantara Food
- Tags : chicken satay, chicken satay with peanut sauce, how to make sate ayam madura, sate ayam madura
- File Size : 82 KB
- File Type : image/jpeg
- Resolution : 800x447 Pixel
- Viewed : 1056 Visitor
Sate ayam Madura is probably what come to most people’s mind when sate is mentioned. We have a lot of satay varieties, but this is the default when no other additional information is supplied. Most people enjoyed sate ayam Madura with a side of lontong as a complete meal. If you order a plate of nasi goreng (fried rice), most places will give you one or two skewers of sate ayam to go with your nasi goreng.
Grilling over charcoal is the most traditional way to cook satay, but when you are not in the mood for grilling, they can also be broiled in an oven. If you decide to broil them, you will need to wrap the exposed part of bamboo skewers with aluminum foil so they don’t get burn in the oven.
Sate Ayam Madura – Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 1 hour
- Peanut Sauce
- 250 gram peanut, toasted/roasted
- 3 candlenuts (Indonesian: kemiri)
- 6 red cayenne chilies (Indonesian: cabe merah keriting) (*)
- 4 tablespoon palm sugar (Indonesian: gula Jawa)
- 2 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 600 ml water
- 600 gram chicken thigh meat, cut into 1/2 inch cubes (**)
- 4 tablespoon sweet soy sauce (Indonesian: kecap manis)
- 2 teaspoon oil
- bamboo skewers (about 20)
- sweet soy sauce (Indonesian: kecap manis)
- lime wedges (Indonesian: jeruk nipis)
- deep fried shallots (Indonesian: bawang goreng)
- Peanut Sauce
- In a food processor, grind together peanut, candlenuts, and chilies.
- Transfer to a sauce pot along with the rest of the peanut sauce ingredients, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and continue cooking until the sauce thickens. Turn off heat.
- Place chicken, sweet soy sauce, oil, and 150 gram of peanut sauce in a mixing bowl. Mix together and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Skewer the marinated chicken with bamboo skewers. Grill/broil until cooked and slightly charred, baste with marinating sauce as needed.
- Serve the satay with peanut sauce and accompaniments.
- (*) Use bird eye chilies for spicier peanut sauce
- (**) Chicken thigh is juicier, but you can also use chicken breast